The World as I Know It


 Hey there, I'm Ghania. I'm a highly caffeinated 21-year-old college student from Chicago, IL who's somewhere between identifying with millennials and Gen-Z. I'm not worried about financial stability just yet and I never ate tide pods, thankfully. However, I really identify with living in a bustling city with life and stomping on these Chicago streets visiting places that I missed while I was living at college about 7 months ago. Staying with my family during quarantine has been such a blessing for many reasons. To name just a few: I can take care of my high-risk family members during this global pandemic, eat delicious food at home, and spend quality time with my family. 

The COVID-19 pandemic has given me time for creative hobbies I enjoy such as drawing, henna, painting, and crocheting. I also got the opportunity to dabble with new crafts such as heat embossing and embroidery which I've come to love and enjoy thoroughly. I enjoy crafting and creating art a lot because it allows me to express my creativity and find peace in it. Ever since I started college, I noticed I had let go of my hobbies for the most part and my creativity got blocked. I was always focused on my assignments, tests, and whatnot for school. The only time I would do something creative was decorating my bullet journal; however, due to high-stress levels, I wouldn't even do that sometimes. If you're interested in seeing that, you can check out my YouTube Channel or my Instagram.

I am really happy I got back in touch with my creative hobbies during the pandemic. One way I used my creativity to not only bring me joy but also bring others joy during this pandemic has been letter writing. Sending personalized handwritten letters to my friends and loved ones during the pandemic has to be my favorite way of using my creative hobbies. The thought and time to tailor the letters with decorations, colors, jokes, and extra goodies in the letter is my favorite way to mail a package of joy and smiles to people I care about during these difficult times.

                                      
      Mixed media drawing of mine after a very long time                                                                                  My first hand embroidery project

As an artist and creative, I want to give a piece of myself through every blog post I share to bring joy and smiles to the people reading them. I hope and intend to have these blog posts be analogous to happy mail you'll be receiving with a dose of personalization so it sits with you. I look forward to sharing more posts and connecting with you all.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your narrative with us! Through your writing and art I am able to get a strong sense of who you are. I am so glad you're expressing your creativity through writing letters. I've never had an adequate pen pal so what is that experience like? My previous pen pal, sent me blueberries but they molded when they got to me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could feel your positive energy radiate through my screen! thank you for sharing elements of yourself with us. You're a very talented artist! and i am subscribed to your channel :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drawing, henna, painting, crocheting, heat embossing, and embroidery? Wow, that is all super impressive! I wish I had the patience for any of those. I have however been trying to support small businesses and I recently bought a handmade crocheted hat that I'm absolutely in love with. I can't wait to see some of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow we have very similar interests. I also enjoy drawing and decorating bullet journals. Can't wait to see more of your works in the future1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts